Eco-Tourism on Sanibel-CAptiva, FL
Experience nature as it was meant to be when you join us at New Wave Eco Charters. Our company offers exciting eco-tourism experiences for passengers in Sanibel-Captiva, FL, and surrounding areas. When you take part in our chartered tours you will explore the natural beauty of the beaches and estuary of Pine Island Sound and the Gulf of Mexico. We provide a number of individualized options for groups looking for a special way to spend the day. Book your guided wildlife excursion with us today to take part in one of our private trips.
Up Close with Nature
The Sanibel-Captiva area is filled with endless things to do and sights to see. It's no wonder that this beautiful area is a destination for countless people each and every year.
Experience our local marine life and learn more about these stunning islands that we call home when you join us for one of our sightseeing excursions. Our team includes marine biologists and local natives who are excited to share their love of the water with every guest. We act as your personal guide during your serene experience. Our goal is to show you the natural beauty that surrounds us while letting you unwind and unplug from everyday life.
Guided Sightseeing Excursions
You could spend all day exploring the Sanibel-Captiva area and not see everything there is to see. By taking part in our sightseeing excursions, you will have easy access to the best parts of the area. We offer private tours that take you to hard-to-get to spots that most people never get to see.
Book Your Experience Today
Ready to start exploring? Book your trip with us today! For your convenience, we accept cash, check, and credit payment, and rates are charged per trip. We are fully licensed and insured for your safety.
Please note that in accordance with United States Coast Guard regulations, there is a maximum of 6 passengers per boat. Parties larger than 6 can be accommodated in a second boat/captain setup at twice the standard rate. You must give us advanced notice for these situations.
Boat Tours and Charters
Full day (6 hours)
We offer a full day experience that covers all of the natural "must-see's" of our marine habitat. Explore hard to reach beaches and coves, learn to paddle board, grab lunch, drinks, or Ice cream at island outpost resturaunts only accessed by boat. Let us show you the best that our islands have to offer!
Half DAy Eco Charter (4 Hours)
Shelling. Sightseeing. Dolphin and wildlife encounters all rolled into one. The best bang for your buck. Explore the beaches and bay of our islands on an unforgettable natural adventure that is sure to be the highlight of your vacation!
Wildlife cruise (2 hours)
A shortened version of the half day eco tour where dolphin and other wildlife encounters are the main attraction. unlike most tour companies we choose to observe our mammal friends by shutting the motor off and enjoying their hunting and playing beside the boat.
sunset cruise (2 hours)
One of the most beautiful times to be on the water. let the setting sun paint the sky for your perfect, private evening cruise. Drinks are encouraged. But not for the captain.....someone has to steer the ship!
Trip passenger max is 6 per boat in accordance with USCG regulations. Parties larger than six can be accomodated with advanced notice through the use of a second boat/ captain at twice the above rate. Above prices represent private charter group rates from between one and six passengers, not per person. Private kayak tours are available upon request. Payment can be made in cash, check, or credit following the tour.
Private excursion with marine biologist
Learn the in's and out's of the estuarine marine habitat on a guided tour with Stefanie Plein. This is your chance to dive deeper into our living systems further than ever before. From the grass flats, mangrove habitats, and sprawling natural beaches, marine biologist Stefanie Plein will walk you through an unforgettable experience that will leave you with an all encompassing understanding of how our marine systems function in South West Florida.
$500 (Saturdays and Sundays only)
- How many passengers can you accomodate?
- Per US Coast Guard regulations we can only take up to 6 passengers. If your group is larger than 6, please call us to discuss the possibility of partnering with another Captain to charter an additional boat.
- Where do we depart from?
- Green Flash Restaurant (15183 Captiva Dr. - bayside of Captiva).
- Can I bring drinks and snacks on board?
- Yes, we have a cooler with ice on board. Feel free to bring any snacks and drinks that you would like while we are out on the water. In an effort to reduce single-use plastics in our waters we do not provide bottled water and ask that you please remember to bring a reusable water bottle!
- Are your rates per person?
- No, our rates are per private trip. The cost is the same whether it is 1 or 6 people.
- What type of payment do you accept?
- Payment will be made at the conclusion of the tour. We accept cash, check, and credit card (small service fee is added).
- What is your cancellation policy?
- We collect a deposit to reserve your date and time slot. This deposit is non-refundable unless the trip is cancelled by the Captain due to bad weather or unforeseen boat problems. In the case of inclement weather, we will try to re-book your trip for a better day if your schedule allows, otherwise we will cheerfully refund your entire deposit.
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Is there a bathroom on board the boat?
- No, unfortunately restrooms are not available. Please use the restroom before arriving for your charter.
- What will we see?
- On every trip marine mammals (West Indian manatees and Atlantic bottlenose dolphins) are a main attraction. We also see birds, historical landmarks, undeveloped beaches and islands, and miles of unspoiled mangrove and seagrass habitat. We will provide you with a very memorable tour.
- Where do we go?
- We explore the largely undeveloped barrier islands of northern Pine Island Sound.
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Yes! We are licensed under the US Coast Guard. We are also insured.
New Wave specifies in sustainable charters and eco-tourism practices. We make it our personal mission to act as ushers to each and every client to lead them across the channel from the commonplace everyday and into the very unique, serene sense of wonder that our local estuary and its surrounding Gulf waters can bring. As a charter company we feel that if we have the privilege and the right to use our local waters for enjoyment, for fun, and in our case to make a living from it, then we have an even greater responsibility to care for and nourish it. The Hawaiians have a word for this: Kuleana. Or simply put, a marriage between right and responsibility. It is our responsibility as daily water-dwellers to act as stewards of the sea in order to help eliminate the mental disconnect that the hustle-and-bustle that the inevitable pace of life inflicts upon us. It is our goal to help you unwind, unplug, and unearth the yearning for the natural world that you've been longing for. This is New Wave. This is us.
Owner and Founder
New Wave Eco Charters/ New Wave Marine foundation
"People protect what they love." -Jacques Cousteau
Pickup: Your charter pickup can be tailored to your specific needs. Call to confirm your tour destination and times.
Mailing: PO Box 235
Captiva, Fl 33924
New Wave Eco Charters will begin researching the home range patterns of resident bottlenose dolphin through the implementation of photo identification on our daily charters. Each dolphin has unique signifying characteristics to its dorsal fin that biologists use to track their range patterns over any period of time. Through photos on daily charters and on private volunteer based excursions we gather and collect data by photo-tagging our local dolphin in the area. By implementing our research into daily charters we hope to lend our efforts towards the tracking and monitoring of the overall general health of our individual dolphin in the area.
Contact us today on Sanibel-Captiva, Florida, to book your excursion with our team. We offer guided tours throughout the area.
Contact New Wave!
OR click the link below to