Boat Tours and Charters
Half DAy Eco Charter (4 Hours)
Shelling. Sightseeing. Dolphin and wildlife encounters all rolled into one. The best bang for your buck. Explore the beaches and bay of our islands on an unforgettable natural adventure that is sure to be the highlight of your vacation!
dolphin cruise (2 hours)
A shortened version of the half day eco tour where dolphin and other wildlife encounters are the main attraction. unlike most tour companies we choose to observe our mammal friends by shutting the motor off and enjoying their hunting and playing beside the boat.
sunset cruise (2 hours)
One of the most beautiful times to be on the water. let the setting sun paint the sky for your perfect, private evening cruise. Drinks are encouraged. But not for the captain.....someone has to steer the ship!
Boat-based kayak excursions $500
We offer private kayak tours that take you to the hard to reach places that most never see. Take a four hour boat based kayak excursion deep into the estuary and leave it all behind. (max six passengers)
Trip passenger max is 6 per boat in accordance with USCG regulations. Parties larger than six can be accomodated with advanced notice through the use of a second boat/ captain at twice the above rate. Above prices represent private charter group rates from between one and six passengers, not per person. Private kayak tours are available upon request. Payment can be made in cash, check, or credit following the tour.
New Wave specifies in sustainable charters and eco-tourism practices. We make it our personal mission to act as ushers to each and every client to lead them across the channel from the commonplace everyday and into the very unique, serene sense of wonder that our local estuary and its surrounding Gulf waters can bring. As a charter company we feel that if we have the privilege and the right to use our local waters for enjoyment, for fun, and in our case to make a living from it, then we have an even greater responsibility to care for and nourish it. The Hawaiians have a word for this: Kuleana. Or simply put, a marriage between right and responsibility. It is our responsibility as daily water-dwellers to act as stewards of the sea in order to help eliminate the mental disconnect that the hustle-and-bustle that the inevitable pace of life inflicts upon us. It is our goal to help you unwind, unplug, and unearth the yearning for the natural world that you've been longing for. This is New Wave. This is us.
Owner and Founder
New Wave Eco Charters/ New Wave Marine foundation
"People protect what they love." -Jacques Cousteau
Pickup: Your charter pickup can be tailored to your specific needs. Call to confirm your tour destination and times.
Mailing: PO Box 235
Captiva, Fl 33924
- How many passengers can you accomodate?
- Per US Coast Guard regulations we can only take up to 6 passengers. If your group is larger than 6, please call us to discuss the possibility of partnering with another Captain to charter an additional boat.
- Where do we depart from?
- Green Flash Restaurant (15183 Captiva Dr. - bayside of Captiva) unless you are staying at one of the resorts or private homes on Captiva with dock access.
- Can I bring drinks and snacks on board?
- Yes, we have a cooler on board. Feel free to bring any snacks and drinks that you would like while we are out on the water.
- Are your rates per person?
- No, our rates are per private trip. The cost is the same whether it is 1 or 6 people.
- What type of payment do you accept?
- Payment will be made at the conclusion of the tour. We accept cash, check, and credit card (small service fee is added).
- Is there shade on the boat?
- Is there a bathroom on board the boat?
- No, but we will never be more than 10 minutes away from one.
- What will we see?
- On every trip marine mammals are a main attraction. We also see birds, historical landmarks, undeveloped beaches and islands, and miles of unspoiled mangrove and seagrass habitat. We will provide you with a very memorable tour.
- Where do we go?
- We explore the largely undeveloped barrier islands of northern Pine Island Sound.
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Yes! We are licensed under the US Coast Guard. We are also insured.
The New Wave Marine Foundation is our locally based non-profit designed to introduce area residents to the wonders of our surrounding estuary and Gulf waters. Through experiential international travel and local marine conservation projects our donors will receive hands on experience in environmental advocacy through participation in activities such as beach cleanups, single use plastic mitigation demonstrations at area restaurants and businesses, and advocacy training through the development of local youth day programs.